Thursday 13 November 2014

Entwined with You (Crossfire, Book 3) by Sylvia Day

I read this book in June 2013 and thought with the book 4 out next week I should post my review of book 3 (written at the time).

I was really annoyed when I heard there is going to be 5 books instead of 3  because I wanted all of the answers to all of the questions, like NOW! then I read some less than stellar reviews on Amazon from people saying the author is just trying to copy 50 shades (which in my opinion other than a few similarities isn't quite accurate) and claiming that Sylvia Day is trying to drag it over 5 books instead of 3 to make more money etc etc but I loved the first 2 books so I paid my money and downloaded Entwined with You - 2 days later its over **sniffles and pulls a sad face** BUT what a 2 days they were!!

For those reviewers who said: "this book doesn't tell you anything nothing happens except lots of sex" I'd say to you read it again - lots of things were covered, brought up, hinted at, set up, put to bed and answered whilst lots more questions were raised at the same time (AND there is lots of sex!)

And to the reviewers who said - I don't care about the side characters like Cary and Megumi just get on with Eva and Gideon! - I disagree the secondary characters help make the book what it is - Cary is a huge part of Eva's life and I personally find his character very interesting, its also going to be interesting to see how the developments in the secondary characters lives effect Eva's and therefore her relationship with delectably Mr Cross. I find the russian mob perspective intriguing and am keen to learn more about the possible directions and different routes each story line could take, and what the hell is going on with Megumi???

So I have come away from book 3 not so annoyed that it's going to be 5 although I will say this book did seem a little shorter than the others (hence the 4 stars not 5) and it did just stop mid flow at the end like possibly it had been longer and then it was decided oooh we'll cut here an squeeze another book out, BUT I have to say having read a lot of Sylvia Day's book I am going to give her the benefit of the doubt because when she creates a story she really creates a story she pads all characters (no matter how secondary) and environments out well and leaves no stone unturned - my guess (and my hope) is that Sylvia Day has got so engrossed in the story she couldn't stop writing! 

Oh and Sylvia, be a love and finish the Renegade Angels series please!



https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/19823.Sylvia_Day


Book Description

The worldwide phenomenon continues as Eva and Gideon face the demons of their pasts, and accept the consequences of their obsessive desires… 

From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn’t resist. I saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside–so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat.


No one knows how much he risked for me. How much I’d been threatened, or just how dark and desperate the shadow of our pasts would become.


Entwined by our secrets, we tried to defy the odds. We made our own rules and surrendered completely to the exquisite power of possession…



No comments:

Post a Comment