Wednesday 2 July 2014

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, Book One) by Cassandra Clare

Well, I am not sure if, at 32 years of age, I should be ashamed that I loved this so much or that I am a HUGE Jace fan!.

ANYWAYS back to the book - wow! I can see this being a world in which I can totally immerse myself and get lost, I love the story line, the descriptions (although a wee bit flowery at times) and the world building and the characters all have depth. Oh and did I mention there is sarcasm in spades! which is a positive for me I love a bit of sarcasm and quick witted-ness!

That horrible bit of "close relative" news towards the end (I had seen that coming) but some other things I read earlier in the book has kind of left me clinging to the hope that this is not true - I really hope I'm right on that but I literally ended the book feeling mortified for both Jace and Clary I mean what could be worse than that right? actually kinda falling for someone for the first time then being told that! I so hope I am right and this is another of Valentine's tricks.

And of all the random things I am intrigued about, this star shaped chicken pox scar Clary has, now it was only mentioned once and Jace made no comment on it and turned away but for some reason I cant help but think this is going to be of some importance in the future.


I want to be a Shadowhunter when I grow up!


https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/150038.Cassandra_Clare

Book Description:

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder - much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air.

It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing - not even a smear of blood - to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk.

Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know...



                  

No comments:

Post a Comment